Wednesday Weekly September 12: Flying to Colorado for a Wedding

This adventure was a bit different than my other adventures. I pushed past my hate of flying to fly out to Colorado for a wedding.

Earlier last week, I changed oil on my car.

That was good because it started to rain on and off after that.

Victoria and I skipped our Friday lunch date. She was skipping lunch so she could get done earlier so we'd be in time for our flight. I went to Jimmy John's for lunch by myself.

When we left for the airport, the weather proved to be a bit bipolar.

We made it to the airport with plenty of time to explore.

For supper, we got some good Tex-Mex at Maudie's.

After a little waiting, we were on the plane to Denver. The night came upon us and it got much cooler.

The Denver airport is much bigger than Austin. We ended up having to take a train to baggage claim and then a bus to the car rental place.

We got our rental car and then headed to the DoubleTree hotel.

The next morning on Saturday was cold for Texas standards. I decided to rock out the CILU hoodie my buddy Ryan gave to me in Canada.

We got up and went to breakfast at Rosie's Diner. This is one of Victoria's dad's favorite places to eat. I had the Whole Lotta Skillet. Being that we only got a few hours of sleep, I made sure to also drink a lot of coffee.

After breakfast, Victoria's brother Michael had to get his suit hemmed. We went to Men's Wearhouse in this shopping center. There was a no skateboarding sign. I can see why they did that because the shopper center looked straight out of a Tony Hawk video game.

For lunch, we all met up with Victoria's aunt and uncle at Wood Paddle Pizza and Tap.

Once we ate, it was time to go back to the hotel for a nap. The nap went fast and we were soon at the wedding venue.

The wedding went off well, but ended relatively early. We headed to the liquor store to get some drinks. I got some Dry Dock beer. This is brewed right in Aurora and something I got last time.

Victoria, Michael, and her aunt and uncle all came to our room and we sat around and talked for a while. At about 10:30pm, Michael left to fly back to Florida. Her aunt and uncle went to their rooms. We passed out after a long day.

The next morning came fast. In a way it was disappointing we had to leave because I was loving the views of the mountains.

We decided to have an easy breakfast at McDonald's. We drove there and Victoria's aunt and uncle followed.

After breakfast, we said our goodbyes and headed back to the airport.

We decided to sit in the way back of the plane. This flight was much more turbulent than the last flight coming to Denver. Being that it was during the day, we did get some good views out the window.

We were the last ones off the plane, but it was nice to be back in Austin. It was still as rainy as when we left it.

Right now it's still raining on and off. It looks like rain is in the forecast for the foreseeable future. This trip was the last major trip I had planned. I'm starting to put things in full gear for being back in Austin. I've started to apply for more jobs and clearing my calendar to start steady work again. There's definitely a lot more to come, and I plan to explore Central Texas a lot more. Stay tuned!

See more blog entries here